Tuesday, August 7, 2007

This is the "Blife"

The blogging life-- or "Blife" as I like to call it. At times, it's almost too good to be true.


I cannot believe how much blogging every day (or almost every day) makes me feel a part of a larger community. To be perfectly honest, I had zero intention of being sucked into the blogosphere when I started posting. I just figured I'd jump in the waves and try to avoid any sharks while treading water.


Instead, here I am today. A blogger.


Weird.


It's fun stuff. It's also energizing and comforting. I've created bonds with recreational and professional writers around the planet, something that wouldn't have been possible only 15 years ago (aka, "The Dark Ages").


When others post about their pain, I feel it, too. When they experience life's "highs", I'm thrilled for them. When they introduce me to new ideas and opportunities, I'm thankful.


If you aren't a blogger yet, get on board soon. I'm telling you--there's nothing like it.


Ah...


This is the blife.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the blogosphere, we're all bodiless spirits. I,too, just started as an experiment. I'm amazed at how quickly I've become attached to the process, definitely life on another level. Blife.

Hoodie said...

Amen, sista.

Anonymous said...

It's a great resource! It makes networking and learning so much more accessible.

The Quoibler said...

Jason:

I agree.

I've even considered starting some kind of blog where "experts" who are willing to be interviewed can list their contact info.

I think there might be something similar to that out there, but I haven't located it.

(Okay, I'll be honest--I haven't tried too hard!)

Angelique

Jennifer said...

Wow how many days have I missed you posting. Blife is a very good made up word. Weren't you that one that came up with blurker too? Or was that someone else -- I love blurker! Maybe you should write a blog dictionary :)