I thought it might be nice to "share the love" and invite readers to visit some of the blogs I regularly peruse.
Consequently, this week will be PLUGGING AWAY WEEK at Recess for Writers!
I'm going to start with Offbeat Homes, one of the first blogs I "discovered" and have continued to return to for many moons.
WHAT INSPIRES ME ABOUT OFFBEAT HOMES:
First of all, Jennifer (the site's uber-cool blogging chick) brings readers information about crazy, unique and innovative homes they would otherwise never know. A house made entirely of feces? A tree house that's nicer than most condos and apartments? Roof gardens to die for?
Really, you never know what Jennifer will bring to the table--which adds to the excitement. Every time I stop by, I'm treated to new information, complete with hyperlinks and gorgeous (and sometimes strange!) imagery.
THE TOP THREE ASPECTS OF OFFBEAT HOMES:
1. Jennifer's voice comes through the text as clear as a bell. Every post reads in a conversational manner--you really feel like you "know" her.
2. It's obvious that Jennifer trolls (or "trawls", whichever you prefer--both seem to be used by bloggers and cyber surfers) the Internet looking to outdo herself. She isn't a slacker! She takes her job very seriously... while having fun with it, too!
3. The comments section at Offbeat Homes is always a hoot. People post their opinions with abandon, and Jennifer ALWAYS responds, as a solid moderator should.
OFFBEAT HOMES IS THE PERFECT BLOG FOR PEOPLE WHO:
- Want to learn how and where other people are living... and why they are making the choice to be "offbeat".
- Would like some design ideas for interiors and exteriors.
- Are thinking of moving and would like to live in a shoe, cave, or underwater hotel.
Stop by Offbeat Homes, and please tell Jennifer I sent you!
Next time, I'll talk about The Clarity of Night...