Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Short Side Trip

I just wanted to jump off the Recess for Writers PLUGGIN' AWAY WEEKS path to send a quick note of "chin up" to a fellow blogger.

We who blog form tight bonds. Sure, they might be virtual, but they feel as real as the messy dining room table upon which my laptop sits. I'm well aware that the blogosphere might be a dreamland in a way, but when one of my frequent visitors is hurting, I hurt, too.

I will not disclose this blogger's identity, because it's not necessary. He or she will know. Suffice it to say that I am shocked by the treatment this person has been receiving by cyber criminals. Horrible stuff. Downright disgusting.

So I am taking a moment to ask all of you to remember that bloggers are people, too. It's fine to disagree, but for god's sake, we're not in high school. Knock off the drama unless you're going to post about the theatre or cinema. I implore you.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

No comments: