Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Have YOU Got "Rhythms"?

I'm fascinated by the notion of biorhythms, though I don't necessarily believe in the principle behind them.

In case you're not familiar with what biorhythms supposedly are, here's a brief explanation in my own words (which are not flowing like they should since I've only drunk half of my morning coffee allotment):

There is a belief that, depending upon the date you were born, your emotional, intellectual, and physical "cycles" will peak at predictable intervals. However, all three will only occasionally be at similar levels; thus, on a given day you might be able to easily understand complex calculations related to the time-space continuum but still struggle to get your ass out of your chair.

How's that for an answer? (Need.More.Java.)

Anyway, just for fun, I periodically like to get a free biorhythm reading over at www.facade.com/biorhythms/. Though I'm not entirely "sold" on the notion of biorhythms, it's an enjoyable diversion. And today I was in for a treat...

According to their computations, December 5th is a strong day for me not only for my primary biorhythms (the three mentioned above), but also for my secondary biorhythms (mastery, passion, and wisdom).

Cool.

So why the hell am I sitting here feeling like a big old moose chewed me up, spat me out, shat upon me, then repeatedly kicked me for half an hour?

2 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

Maybe the moose's rhthyms are peaking on Dec 5 also.

The Quoibler said...

Damn moose.