Writers are notorious for having "off again, on again" motivation. And I'm no exception. Often, I have to struggle to put a sentence together, but when it's for a client, it must be done. Period.
So I have to find motivation to put my fingers on the keyboard. Unfortunately, depending upon the hour of the day, what motivates me varies tremendously.
Currently, my top ten writing motivators are:
1. The challenge of completing a project.
2. Getting to meet new people and hear their stories.
3. Working with clients from around the world.
4. Deadlines. Always deadlines.
5. Treats. Gummie bears work nicely.
6. More treats. Salty snacks. Mmmm...
7. Getting a new clip for Ye Olde Portfolio.
8. The feeling of moving forward; stagnancy worries me.
9. The joy of doing something I greatly enjoy.
10. Financial gains. (Yep, I'm a capitalist. Hey, bills have to be paid.)
What are your motivators? Be honest now...!