Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to Someone Who Knows My Darkest Secrets but Won't Sell Them

It's my best gal pal's birthday today, and like the crummy buddy I am, I haven't even gotten a card in the mail.

Shame on me!

She and I have been partners-in-crime for 25 years next month. And she's going to end up sporting a crewneck that reads: "Twenty-five years of friendship and all I got was a stinkin' blog entry... oh, and this T-shirt, too."

Oh, well...

"Happy Birthday, Sarah!"

(P.S. The Christmas present is still in the basement, and I'll get a birthday card to you somehow, someday. Maybe when we're in nursing homes...)

Sarah is not only a beautiful, intelligent woman, she's also a huge inspiration to me and someone who should be writing for a living.

No one can be as funny on paper as Sarah. No one.

She was born into a naturally witty family and she honed that wit over the course of her life. Now, she can turn a phrase as easily as most people turn on a light switch. (And she uses metaphors that are much better than my lame-o one!)

As it turns out, Sarah embarked early last year on making a living out of her first passion, cooking. She's a personal chef (visit her site at http://www.copelandcuisine.com/ and hire her if you're in the Westchester County, NY area!) and doing a damn fine job of feeding clientele the most awesome creations they've ever tasted.

It's good to have friends.

And it's GREAT to have Sarah as a friend.

Have a super-duper-pooper-scooper day, chickee!

No comments: